A latent class analysis of factors influencing preferences for infant respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) preventives among pregnant people in the United States.

IF 4.1 4区 医学 Q2 BIOTECHNOLOGY & APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY
Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics Pub Date : 2024-12-31 Epub Date: 2024-06-07 DOI:10.1080/21645515.2024.2358566
Martine C Maculaitis, Brett Hauber, Kathleen M Beusterien, Oliver Will, Lewis Kopenhafer, Amy W Law, Jeffrey T Vietri, Joseph C Cappelleri, Joshua R Coulter, Sarah Pugh, Kimberly M Shea
{"title":"A latent class analysis of factors influencing preferences for infant respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) preventives among pregnant people in the United States.","authors":"Martine C Maculaitis, Brett Hauber, Kathleen M Beusterien, Oliver Will, Lewis Kopenhafer, Amy W Law, Jeffrey T Vietri, Joseph C Cappelleri, Joshua R Coulter, Sarah Pugh, Kimberly M Shea","doi":"10.1080/21645515.2024.2358566","DOIUrl":null,"url":null,"abstract":"<p><p>A maternal vaccine and long-acting monoclonal antibody (mAb) were recently approved to protect infants against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). We identified subgroups of pregnant people with different preferences for RSV preventives and respondent characteristics associated with subgroup membership. An online survey, including a discrete choice experiment (DCE), was conducted among US pregnant people. RSV preventive attributes included effectiveness, duration of protection during RSV season, injection recipient/timing, preventive type (vaccine or mAb), and type of visit required to receive injection. In DCE choice tasks, pregnant people selected between two hypothetical preventive profiles with varying attribute-levels and a no-preventive option. Logistic regression, including latent class analysis (LCA), was used to analyze the data. Of 992 pregnant people (mean age: 30.0 years), 60.3% were expecting their second/later birth. LCA identified three preference subgroups: 'Effectiveness' (preventive choice mostly driven by increases in effectiveness; 51.4% class membership probability), 'Season' (preventive choice mostly driven by improvement in duration of protection during the RSV season; 39.2% class membership probability), and 'No Preventive' (frequently chose no-preventive option; 9.4% class membership probability). 'Effectiveness' and 'Season' preferred maternal vaccine over mAb; mAb was preferred by 'No Preventive.' Perceiving RSV as serious for infants, higher health literacy, and lower household income were associated with 'Effectiveness.' Perceiving RSV as serious for pregnant people was associated with 'Season.' Perceiving RSV to not be serious for pregnant people and not being employed were associated with 'No Preventive.' Subgroups of pregnant people vary in preferences for RSV preventives. Most pregnant people preferred a maternal vaccine, although some may be more willing to accept alternative preventive options.</p>","PeriodicalId":49067,"journal":{"name":"Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics","volume":null,"pages":null},"PeriodicalIF":4.1000,"publicationDate":"2024-12-31","publicationTypes":"Journal Article","fieldsOfStudy":null,"isOpenAccess":false,"openAccessPdf":"https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC11164215/pdf/","citationCount":"0","resultStr":null,"platform":"Semanticscholar","paperid":null,"PeriodicalName":"Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics","FirstCategoryId":"3","ListUrlMain":"https://doi.org/10.1080/21645515.2024.2358566","RegionNum":4,"RegionCategory":"医学","ArticlePicture":[],"TitleCN":null,"AbstractTextCN":null,"PMCID":null,"EPubDate":"2024/6/7 0:00:00","PubModel":"Epub","JCR":"Q2","JCRName":"BIOTECHNOLOGY & APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY","Score":null,"Total":0}
引用次数: 0

Abstract

A maternal vaccine and long-acting monoclonal antibody (mAb) were recently approved to protect infants against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). We identified subgroups of pregnant people with different preferences for RSV preventives and respondent characteristics associated with subgroup membership. An online survey, including a discrete choice experiment (DCE), was conducted among US pregnant people. RSV preventive attributes included effectiveness, duration of protection during RSV season, injection recipient/timing, preventive type (vaccine or mAb), and type of visit required to receive injection. In DCE choice tasks, pregnant people selected between two hypothetical preventive profiles with varying attribute-levels and a no-preventive option. Logistic regression, including latent class analysis (LCA), was used to analyze the data. Of 992 pregnant people (mean age: 30.0 years), 60.3% were expecting their second/later birth. LCA identified three preference subgroups: 'Effectiveness' (preventive choice mostly driven by increases in effectiveness; 51.4% class membership probability), 'Season' (preventive choice mostly driven by improvement in duration of protection during the RSV season; 39.2% class membership probability), and 'No Preventive' (frequently chose no-preventive option; 9.4% class membership probability). 'Effectiveness' and 'Season' preferred maternal vaccine over mAb; mAb was preferred by 'No Preventive.' Perceiving RSV as serious for infants, higher health literacy, and lower household income were associated with 'Effectiveness.' Perceiving RSV as serious for pregnant people was associated with 'Season.' Perceiving RSV to not be serious for pregnant people and not being employed were associated with 'No Preventive.' Subgroups of pregnant people vary in preferences for RSV preventives. Most pregnant people preferred a maternal vaccine, although some may be more willing to accept alternative preventive options.

对影响美国孕妇对婴儿呼吸道合胞病毒 (RSV) 预防药物偏好的因素进行潜类分析。
最近批准了一种母体疫苗和长效单克隆抗体 (mAb),用于保护婴儿免受呼吸道合胞病毒 (RSV) 的感染。我们确定了对 RSV 预防药物有不同偏好的孕妇亚群,以及与亚群成员相关的受访者特征。我们对美国孕妇进行了在线调查,包括离散选择实验(DCE)。RSV 预防药物的属性包括有效性、RSV 流行季节的保护持续时间、注射对象/时间、预防类型(疫苗或 mAb)以及接受注射所需的就诊类型。在 DCE 选择任务中,孕妇在属性水平不同的两种假设预防方案和一种无预防方案中进行选择。数据分析采用了逻辑回归,包括潜类分析(LCA)。在 992 名孕妇(平均年龄:30.0 岁)中,60.3% 的孕妇将迎来第二胎/晚育。LCA 确定了三个偏好亚群:"有效性"(预防选择主要受有效性提高的驱动;51.4% 的类别成员概率)、"季节性"(预防选择主要受 RSV 流行季节保护持续时间延长的驱动;39.2% 的类别成员概率)和 "无预防性"(经常选择无预防性选项;9.4% 的类别成员概率)。有效性 "和 "季节性 "首选母体疫苗而非 mAb;"无预防性 "首选 mAb。认为 RSV 对婴儿很严重、健康知识水平较高和家庭收入较低与 "有效 "相关。认为 RSV 对孕妇很严重与 "季节 "有关。认为 RSV 对孕妇不严重和没有工作与 "无预防性 "有关。孕妇亚群对 RSV 预防措施的偏好各不相同。大多数孕妇更愿意接种母体疫苗,尽管有些人可能更愿意接受其他预防方案。
本文章由计算机程序翻译,如有差异,请以英文原文为准。
求助全文
约1分钟内获得全文 求助全文
来源期刊
Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics
Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics BIOTECHNOLOGY & APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY-IMMUNOLOGY
CiteScore
7.90
自引率
8.30%
发文量
489
审稿时长
3-6 weeks
期刊介绍: (formerly Human Vaccines; issn 1554-8619) Vaccine research and development is extending its reach beyond the prevention of bacterial or viral diseases. There are experimental vaccines for immunotherapeutic purposes and for applications outside of infectious diseases, in diverse fields such as cancer, autoimmunity, allergy, Alzheimer’s and addiction. Many of these vaccines and immunotherapeutics should become available in the next two decades, with consequent benefit for human health. Continued advancement in this field will benefit from a forum that can (A) help to promote interest by keeping investigators updated, and (B) enable an exchange of ideas regarding the latest progress in the many topics pertaining to vaccines and immunotherapeutics. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics provides such a forum. It is published monthly in a format that is accessible to a wide international audience in the academic, industrial and public sectors.
×
引用
GB/T 7714-2015
复制
MLA
复制
APA
复制
导出至
BibTeX EndNote RefMan NoteFirst NoteExpress
×
提示
您的信息不完整,为了账户安全,请先补充。
现在去补充
×
提示
您因"违规操作"
具体请查看互助需知
我知道了
请完成安全验证×
copy
已复制链接
快去分享给好友吧!
我知道了
右上角分享
点击右上角分享
0
联系我们:info@booksci.cn Book学术提供免费学术资源搜索服务,方便国内外学者检索中英文文献。致力于提供最便捷和优质的服务体验。 Copyright © 2023 布克学术 All rights reserved.
京ICP备2023020795号-1
ghs 京公网安备 11010802042870号
Book学术文献互助
Book学术文献互助群
群 号:481959085
Book学术官方微信